Friday, March 28, 2008

101. Remind Me Again Why I Need a Man, Claudia Carroll

It's one of the most enjoyable, entertaining, funniest, unpredicatble chick lit that I've ever read. I really love it! It was about a woman who went on a course to find a husband, and she had to contact all her ex-boyfriends to learn from mistakes and work out where she went wrong.


AGE, MY OLD ATTITUDE
In an ideal world, my ideal type of man would be aged somewhere between thirty five and forty five. Fifty's kind of getting on a bit and i'm afraid that if i went out with anyone younger than thirty, there's a good chance I could be mistaken for his mother.

MY NEW IMPROVED ATTITUDE
From here on in, any heterosexual male age between eighteen and eighty is within my target age range. As Jamie says, if a man has his own breathing apparatus, that's considered a bonus. Even if he has a buss pass, a pension, and has to go anywhere with a nurse in tow, so be it.

PROFESSION, MY OLD ATTITUDE
Work is an important part of my life, and if i'm really honest I would have to admit that I like a mna who enjoys what he does and s good at it. In my experience, they tend to be the best adjusted ones, Besides, let's be brutally honest. As Rachel says, would I have anything in common with the man who sweeps the streets?

MY NEW IMPROVED ATTITUDE
From now on, the man who, although trained to dig a hole in the road, is now reduced to holding up the 'STOP/GO' sign at roadworks is on the menu.

EDUCATION, MY OLD ATTITUDE
Being completely upfront, I have to admit that I do like a guy to have a few letters after his name.

MY NEW IMPROVED ATTITUDE
As long as a guy has letters in his name, he's a potential husband


and so on. As I said, SO FUNNY. The ending was very nice too, with no predictable and typical ending in most chick lit. Love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home